SOCK KNITTING 6 WEEK COURSE
Mondays 15th April to May 20th 6pm to 8pm
Learn to knit a pair of well-fitting seamless socks in this workshop using either double pointed needles or the magic loop method. There’s no need to fear socks or DPNS! You’ll learn all the tips and tricks to create pair of socks to fit your own set of measurements using the toe-up method and easy beginner-friendly methods.
- All about sock yarn: the good, the bad, and the designer
- Casting on using Judy’s Magic Cast On for seamless socks
- How to measure your foot to create well-fitting socks
- How to knit a heel using easy German Short Rows (The Boomerang Method, or Fish Lips Kiss Heel)
- How to use double pointed needles or cable needles to knit in the round
- How to sew in your ends for socks
You will need to be able to knit and purl, but will be shown all necessary techniques and other stitches in class. You will also need to have time between classes to continue to knit the majority of the socks which will all be in knit stitch and should work up quickly. You’ll get 10% off knitting yarn and accessories throughout the course.