Sew a versatile jacket to wear on repeat
Sonny is a multi-version jacket that you can make either utility style with a classic collar or cute and trendy with the frill prairie collar. Tilly and the Buttons' signature step-by-step photo instructions make this a great introduction to sewing outerwear.
- Boxy fit bodice with drop shoulders and princess seams creating gentle shaping at the bust
- Choice of pointed collar or oversized frill collar
- Separate yokes, forward shoulder seams and front panels
- Optional chest pockets and flaps
- Easy-to-sew straight sleeves
- Choice of hip-length or cropped hemlines
- Mock flat felled seams create a durable finish
SKILL LEVEL - Confident Beginner
SIZE RANGE - UK 6-34 / US 2-30 / EUR 34-62 / AUS 6-34
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium- to heavy-weight woven fabrics that hold their shape, such as denim, twill, canvas, corduroy, jacquard or wool. For the prairie collar version, check the fabric is light enough so it can be gathered once folded in two (or use separate fabric for frill).
- Matching thread
- 0.9m (7/8yd) interfacing (similar weight to fabric)
- 15mm (5/8) wide buttons - 6 for hip-length version / 5 for cropped version